Since my previous post was lamenting over the winter weather, cabin fever, and lack of motivation, I thought it only appropriate to spend my next post raving about the spring fever going around.
It’s been unseasonably warm here in the Chicagoland area. According to the local weather man, we have broken records the past several days. I am absolutely loving this warm weather. Here are some highlights of how we have been soaking up the 80’s and sun during mid-March
- Running– Chris and I are in the thick of our half marathon training. There are some runs that exhaust me and some that exhilarate me. Either way, running outside seeing the blossoming trees and listening to the birds chirp is far greater than mile after mile on a treadmill.
- Visiting college friends– Last weekend I headed up to Michigan to visit some of my old college roommates. It was a blessing to be able to sit outside, sipping lemonade in the warmth of the sun while catching up on the past couple months of life.
- Grilling– We have our grill fired up and made our fist [of many] summertime dinners on it.
- Evening walks– There is a McDonald’s less than a mile from campus. It has become a pretty consistent habit to walk there, get ice cream, and walk back.
- Pretending it’s summer– The only down side to this you ask? 42 more days of school that is.
Hope you all are savoring these unusual spring days!