It’s crazy to think that over three weeks has past since my last baby update! Slowly but surely, I am starting to look pregnant. I still find it hard to believe that there is baby in that belly! Maybe it’s because I’m not very big or because I haven’t felt sick. But either way–it’s slowly becoming a reality to us!
Throughout out the past three weeks these have been a few major developments:
- I believe I can feel the baby moving and kicking! I noticed it for the first time about two and a half weeks ago when I was cleaning our new place. It took me by surprise and I just thought “I’m sure it’s nothing”. Well…everyday since then I have felt those same slight flutters. Usually it’s during the afternoon and evenings when I am laying on the couch. It must be the baby right? Crazy!
- I bought a “belly band”. When I tried to slip into a pair of capris and the button hardly closed, I thought it was time to make my first maternity wear purchase. Hopefully this will take me through the next couple of months before I have to purchase real maternity clothes. My goal is to hold out as long as possible!
Current Pregnancy Symptoms:
- Hunger. This is one symptom that reminds me daily that I am pregnant. I wish I could say that I crave healthy goodness like broccoli and lima beans. Well…it usually consists of unhealthy goodness. My most recent cravings have consisted of: corn dogs, Doritos, any type of fruity chewy candy (skittles, saltwater taffy, etc.) and the list could go on. I work really hard each day to hold back and fill myself up with fruit to satisfy the sweet tooth and tortilla chips to satisfy the salty desires.
- Tiredness. Not the sleepy kind but the “I walked up a flight of stairs and feel like I ran a half marathon” kind. This comes and goes but holy moly is running and moving about much more work nowadays!
- Nesting mode. Since moving here and not being able to settle into our home right away, all I’ve wanted to do is unpack, settle our stuff and start focusing on the baby’s room and stuff. Well…that hasn’t been able to happen, since our stuff is still in process of being settled and we are not in our permanent living space. This is teaching me patience, that’s for sure!
- Moody. God bless Chris’ heart for dealing with me day in and day out. I am trying to work on my moodiness and pick a more consistent mood. I’ve found myself crying over the silliest things. For example: the closets in our new place are tiny. There are two itty bitty closets that would probably fit most of Chris and I’s clothes (one for him and one for me). Well, with Baby Bohle on the way…we need to save room for our little sweet pea. The other day I stood in his/her room staring at the closet with tears running down my face not knowing where we were going to put Baby’s things.
All in all, I am still feeling great. I am ready to be on a schedule and looking forward to the start of the school year (well…in another month of so!) Here are some pictures for your viewing enjoyment.
Come August 7th we will have another exciting baby update. This time…it will be blue or pink themed! 🙂